Good morning everyone and thank you for joining us. My name is Jason Cogdill. I am one of two benefits attorneys at Pro Benefits. This is part of our 2017 client webinar series. We try to do each year a webinar on 5500s, both as an update and refresher and reminder of this reporting requirement in advance of the annual July thirty-first deadline for calendar year plan filing. So that's where we are today. As always, this session is being recorded. We'll be happy to share a copy of the presentation with you, along with the slides and any other information that may be helpful to you on this topic or others. And as we proceed today with this session that will be approximately 30 minutes, your questions are welcome. You may submit questions through the question at any time or separately email them to our team. I want to introduce my colleague Chris McCauley who is the director of compliance for Pro Benefits and a valuable member of our team. For those of you that have not worked with Chris, he supports our team and general work to support the compliance of plans administered by Pro Benefits. Chris also manages our ERISA compliance services, both our 5500 preparation service and our wrap SPD service. Chris really does a good job with this and knows as much about 5500 as anybody. So Chris is going to take us through a refresher of the annual 5500 requirements briefly and then look at some individual filing scenarios. We'll even look at the EFS to database from the Department of Labor. Again, your questions are welcome and without further ado, Chris, thanks Jason and again welcome to everyone in attendance. I first want to start just by putting this form 5500 requirement in context. So...
Award-winning PDF software
5500 search Form: What You Should Know
To learn about Forms 5500 Series (5500), click here. The U.S.
Online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Form 5500 - Schedule I, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:
How to complete any Form 5500 - Schedule I online:
- On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
- Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
- Add your own info and speak to data.
- Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
- Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
- Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our assistance team.
- Place an electronic digital unique in your Form 5500 - Schedule I by using Sign Device.
- After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
- Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.
PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Form 5500 - Schedule I from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.